Each year the Tekne Awards shine a spotlight on Minnesota’s science and technology community. The awards ceremony draws nearly a thousand attendees, including our state’s most influential businesses, political leaders and individuals to honor advancements in science and technology, the innovations that educate and improve the lives of Minnesotans and people around the world.
2018 Award Process
Aug. 3 : Application deadline for Tekne Awards - submit by 11:59 p.m.
Sept. 26: Finalists Announced at Minnesota High Tech Association reception hosted by Robins Kaplan
Nov. 29 : Tekne Awards celebration
Tekne Judging Process
Each year a group of outstanding business leaders volunteer their time, energies and expertise to assist in selecting the Tekne Award finalists and recipients. Ranging from financial and legal professionals to entrepreneurs and past recipients, the unbiased selection committee gathers to thoroughly review and discuss each application.
- Science and technology companies and organizations doing business in Minnesota, as well as Non-Profit, Higher Education and government institutions are eligible to apply.
- The majority of the work for the product or services as well as the team dedicated to the project for which the application is being submitted, must be Minnesota-based.
- Companies/Organizations do not have to be a member of MHTA to apply.
- There is no cost to apply.
- Previous Tekne Award recipients are not eligible to apply with the same initiative for which they previously received an award.
- Previous applicants or finalists, not selected as the recipient, may submit a new application for the same initiative, as long as the organization can demonstrate growth and improvement of the initiative over the past year.